- Founded by Leonhard Kurz as an enterprise for the production and marketing of gold leaf.
- The world's first vapor deposit stamping foil using real gold was invented and patented by Konrad Kurz. Main industry applications: pencils, bookbinding and the hat industry.
- LUXOR/ALUFIN® - introduction of vapor aluminized hot stamping foils. Field of application: Graphics industry
- COLORIT - pigment coated hot stamping foils
- Carat,Dukat- hot stamping machines for gilt edging. Manufacture of KURZ roll-on stamping machines begins (for picture frames, radio/tv and automotive industries).
- Expansion of KURZ stamping foils into plastics industries (Alufin SLM for radio/tv profiles and the automotive industry).
- First company owned sales offices open in Australia and Japan
- Production established in USA, with facilities today located in North Carolina
- Exterior chrome: first external application of hot stamping foils for automotive emblems and radiator grilles
- Expanded development of the KURZ hot stamping process- Hinderer & Muhlich silicone products (stamping plates, rollers and tools) and vertical stamping machines
- Creation of new design line for stamping foils used in radio/tv and automotive industries: wood look, brushed inishes and unicolors
- First KURZ heat transfers
- Introduction of KURZ Inmold foils (brushed aluminum)
- Magnetic hot stamping foils: Data storage on bank books, airline tickets, credit cards
- First Insert Molding foils for the automotive industry
- TOUCHWOOD® - transfer finish for the furniture industry
- Extensive work on the development of of visual structure foils (Hologram, TrustSeal, Kinegram)
- Commencement of mass production at Sulzbach-Rosenberg in Germany
- Expansion of the OVD-stamping foil production
- Launching of the first Asia - Pacific plant in Malaysia
- Acquisition of the OVD Kinegram Corp. in Switzerland
- Hinderer+Mühlich expands its program by using CAD - engraved metal stamping plates for use in the graphics industry
- Production begins at Hefei plant in China